在一场船难中,唯一的生存者随着潮水,漂流到了一座无人岛上。
The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island.
他天天激动地祈祷神救他能够早日离开此处,回到家乡。他还每天注视着海上有否可搭救他的人,但却是除了汪洋一片,什么也没有。
He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him, and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.
后来,他决定用那片带他到小岛的木头造一个简陋的小木屋以保护他在这险恶的环境中生存,并且保存他所有剩下的东西。
Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect him from the elements, and to store his few possessions.
但有一天,在他捕完食物后,准备回小屋时,突然发现他的小屋竟然陷在熊熊烈火之中,大火引起的浓烟不断向天上窜。
But the none day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky.
最悲惨的是:他所有的一切东西,在这一瞬间,通通化为乌有了。悲痛的他,气愤的对天呐喊着:“神啊!你怎幺可以这样对待我!”顿时,眼泪从他的眼角中流出。
The worst had happened; everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and anger. "God, how could you do this to me!" he cried.
第二天一早,他被一艘正靠近小岛的船只的鸣笛声所吵醒。是的,有人来救他了。
Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him.
到了船上时,他问那些船员说:“你怎么知道我在这里?”
"How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers.
“因为我们看到了信号般的浓烟。”他们回答说。
"We saw your smoke signal," they replied.
人在碰到困难时,很容易会沮丧。不过,无论受到折磨或者痛苦,都不用因此失去信心,因为上帝一直在我们心里面做着奇妙的工作。
It is easy to get discouraged when things are going bad. But we shouldn't lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering.
记着:当下一次你的小木屋着火时,那可能只是上帝美妙恩典的表征而已。
Remember, next time your little hut is burning to the ground it just may be a smoke signal that summons the grace of God.
在所有我们所认为负面的事情,上帝都是有正面答案的。
For all the negative things we have to say to ourselves, God has a positive answer.
你说:“那是不可能的。”
上帝说:“在人所不能的事,在神却能。”
You say: "It's impossible"
God says: All things are possible
你说:“我累了。”
上帝说:“我让你休息。”
You say: "I'm too tired."
God says: I will give you rest .
你说:“没有人爱我。”
上帝说:“我爱你。”
You say: "Nobody really loves me"
God says: I love you
你说:“我做不下去了。”
上帝说:“我的恩典够你支持下去。”
You say: "I can't go on."
God says: My grace is sufficient
你说:“我想不通。”
上帝说:“我引领你前行。”
You say: "I can't figure things out."
God says: I will direct your steps.
你说:“我做不到。”
上帝说:“你什么都做得到。”
You say: "I can't do it."
God says: You can do all things .
你说:“我不配。”
上帝说:“你配。”
You say: "I'm not able."
God says: I am able .
你说:“这么做不值得。”
上帝说:“做了,你马上就会觉得值得了。”
You say: "It's not worth it."
God says: It will be worth it .
你说:“我无法原谅自己。”
上帝说:“我原谅你。”
You say: "I can't forgive myself."
God says: I Forgive you.
你说:“我是穷苦的。”
上帝说:“我供应你一切所需。”
You say: "I'm poor."
God says: I will supply all your needs.
你说:“我害怕。”
上帝说:“我并没有给你一个恐惧的灵。”
You say: "I'm afraid."
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear .
你说:“我常常在担忧、受挫。”
上帝说:“放下你的重担,我为你承担。”
You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated."
God says: Cast all your cares on ME.
你说:“我信心不足。”
上帝说:“我给了每个人相同的信心。”
You say: "I don't have enough faith."
God says: I've given everyone a measure of faith.
你说:“我不够聪明。”
上帝说:“我给你智能。”
You say: "I'm not smart enough."
God says: I give you wisdom.
你说:“我是孤单的。”
上帝说:“我永远不会舍弃你的。”
You say: "I feel all alone."
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you.